Thursday, August 7, 2014

A Card A Day August Day 7

Day 7 Card 7

My What a Hoot adventure continues. This fun stamp set from Close to my Heart really has lots of potential. I decided to play around with some sleeves. To achieve this, I stamped the party hat as well as the top section of the wing. I tried a few times to get it looking semi-decent. It looks like a tie, huh? Might be my next card.
Using alcohol markers, I did some coloring. I tried to give it a shadow, based on where the arm was going to be placed.
I also stamped and colored the crown and created some long stem flowers by using the owl legs and feet and the flower eye choices. I was able to extend the stem by drawing it with a black pen. I colored and cut these tiny flowers. A little helpful hint: when cutting small pieces, have a small tray to catch them in, they tend to hide under other items. 
All pieces ready to be assembled, but first I need a background. 
I stamped some flowers onto a white base and created a sky and ground with some distress ink.
A hot mess turned into grass.
I used the uneven application to my benefit. It helped create a grassy feel.  My colored flowers got a little muted, so I decided to add some over these with foam tape.
A bit of liquid glass from CTMH for some shine. This stuff is pretty amazing. Dries quickly when used as glue and as addictive as glitter when used to add some shine.


Placed my images in place with foam tape. For my arms, I curved a bit of the tip off when cutting them. This allowed it to look more like a true arm/wing.
I added some gems for the eyes.  I grouped the long stem flowers on my owls hand/ wing to make it look like it's presenting them to someone. I also used some twine to tie them together and attached them with some liquid glass and foam tape. I added some liquid glass on the flowers to give them some shine.
The final product is this fun Birthday card.  I added the sentiment in a tag shape to go with the flowers. 






No comments:

Post a Comment