Saturday, August 2, 2014

A Card A Day August Day 3

Day 3 card 3 

Birthday card using What a Hoot stamp set from CTMH. 
My card base is from a Hot Buy box set that I got at Mucheal's.

Using some Archival ink in jet black I stamped the owl and wings. I used this ink because I'm going to be coloring the images with alcohol markers. 
I decided to practice my coloring skills. I have to say I have a lot of learning to do. I used prismacolor markers for my coloring.
I wanted to match my colors from my card base so I went with teals, greens, pinks.  I colored the wings then decided to stamp them yellow instead. I needed more contrast. I also stamped some flowers in the owl's tummy.
I cut out all my pieces. After placing them in my card base I noticed that my image got lost. I decided to add some lime green textured cardstock to help my images stand out. I attached everything with some foam tape for dimension. 
 Stamped a sentiment with Lagoon ink from CTMH on white cardstock. I then cut it out in a banner shape. I added some dash lines around the sentiment and around the green paper.

Some googley eyes for a whimsy look finish the card up.

No comments:

Post a Comment