Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Stamp Carving Week. Day 2

I came across a mixed media piece that I just fell in love with on Pinterest. So I decided to use it as my stamp inspiration for today. Live Stamp Carving TODAY!!!  (1pm central) @ the Kraaft Shaak

I used a large eraser as my carving block.  I drew directly onto my eraser with a sharpie.  I darkened my final lines when I was happy with my image.

Carving an eraser is easy however, the texture is a bit different than stamp carving blocks such as speedy carve. I've noticed that it's a bit crumbly, when making small cuts or short strokes it sometimes falls apart. So I find myself having a hard time cleaning up smaller areas.

My stamp and test. I really love this style of faceless stamps. I can now stamp on an art journal or use it on book text pages. I hope I've done my Pinsperation justice. 

Want to give stamp carving a try? Here are some original art freebies you can use to carve up some fun stamps. Enjoy!










5 comments:

  1. This looks great. I bought a large eraser recently and I think I'll give it a try. Thanks for the freebies...I can't draw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gotta get back to stamp carving...yours turn out so great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you do Mel, its like Lays chips" once you start you can't stop! "LOL

      Delete
  3. You inspired me. I will try stamp carving! Thaynk you for the freebies!

    ReplyDelete